1. About Us
1.1 The Controller
The following information is being provided to make you aware of the commitments on personal data protection made by Coraya, company Alliance Océane & Charcutière with headquarters located at 57 boulevard Démorieux, 72100 Le Mans, France, which serves as the controller for processing the personal data cited herein, hereafter “the Controller” or “us.”
1.2 Our Data Protection Policy Manager
The Controller has appointed someone to oversee the data protection policy. You may contact this person by email at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
or by mail at the following address: Alliance Océane et Charcutière, 57 boulevard Demorieux 72058 Le Mans Cedex 2
The Data Protection Officer can be reached at email@example.com
2. The personal data that we process
Within the scope of processing personal data, the Controller collects and processes the following data:
- Your name, your surname, your address, your e-mail address
- Optional, your phone number, your account information, your authorisation for us to send you newsletter, connexion data: connexion time, time and end of the connexion, viewed pages
3. Purposes and legal grounds for processing data
3.1 Purposes for processing
We process data for the following reasons:
- Improve your website experience
- If necessary, send you newsletters
- Management of the customer relationship and of customer complaints
- Join our interactive community
- Audience analysis
3.2 Legal grounds for processing
We only perform data processing procedures when one of these conditions is met:
- We have received your consent to process transactions,
- There is a legitimate interest for us or a third party that warrants us processing the personal data in question,
- The execution of a binding contract between us requires that we process the personal data in question,
- We are bound by legal and regulatory obligations that require us to process the personal data in question.
3.3. Legitimate interests pursued
Specifically, the legitimate interests that the Controller pursues may entail enabling the continuity of its business, improving the consumer experience, building consumer loyalty, and ascertaining consumer expectations.
4. Recipients of your data
The personal data that we collect, as well as any that we collect at a later time, are intended for us in our capacity as the Controller.
We ensure that only authorized people can access these data. Our subcontractors and service providers may receive these data to execute the services they are entrusted by us.
Your personal data may be subject to a data merger, pooling or sharing between all the Controller’s parent/sister companies and affiliates.
They may be provided to these entities for the purposes cited in this policy notice. These transactions are conducted using tools that comply with applicable regulations and are designed to protect and uphold your rights.
5. Transfers of your data
Within the scope of the services provided, we transfer your personal data to recipients who is located in the following countries:
- United States
These transfers are always under the supervision of legal tools that comply with the applicable legal framework.
Some of the listed countries were targeting in adequacy decisions, which meant that they offered your personal data a level of protection equivalent to what is in force in the territory of the European Union.
The data transferred to our service providers based in the Unites-States is certified by the Privacy Shield EU-US insuring a sufficient level of protection.
Transfers made to other countries are subject to appropriate guarantee measures.
6. Length of time we retain your data
The lengths of time we retain your personal data are proportionate to the purposes for which they were collected. Consequently, our data retention policy is as follows:
- Market research – Three years* from your last contact or, if applicable, from the end of the business relationship plus the statutory periods
- Client – For clients under contract, the data are retained for the entire term of the business relationship plus the statutory periods.
- Cookies -13 months* from when they are installed on your device
- For accounting purposes relating to a contract exceeding €120 – 10 years** (legal non-negotiable term) from when the contract is signed
- When exercising a right to access, rectify, delete or restrict data relating to pieces of identification and information that invoke these rights – One year** from when the request is received
- When exercising a right to contest data relating to pieces of identification and information that invoke this right to contest – Six years* from when the request is received
7. Your rights
7.1 Procedures for exercising your rights
You may exercise your rights
by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing a letter to: Alliance Océane & Charcutière, 57 boulevard Demorieux 72058 Le Mans Cedex 2, France.
You may do this by clearly stating your first and last names, and the address where you wish to receive a reply.
In principle, you may exercise all of your rights at no cost to you. However, with respect to the right to access, you may be asked to pay reasonable processing fees for making copies of the data that you are requesting.
In terms of the right to information, the Controller is not obligated to satisfy your request if you are already in possession of the information you wish us to communicate.
The Controller will inform you if it is unable to satisfy your request.
These rights are not unlimited and are subject to various terms by virtue of:
- Local law applicable to personal data and privacy protection, and
- The laws and regulations that apply to you.
The Controller wishes to inform you that the failure to provide or the modification of your data is likely to affect the processing of some requests made for the execution of contractual relations and that your request to exercise your rights will be retained for monitoring purposes for a period of six years in cases of the right to oppose and for one year in cases of exercising other rights.
See below for explanations of all the rights to which you are entitled.
7.2 Your right to information
You acknowledge that the information notice herein informs you of all the purposes, legal framework, interests, recipients or categories of recipients with whom your personal data are shared, and the possibility of the data being transferred to another country or international organization.
In addition to this information and for the purpose of ensuring the equitable and transparent processing of your data, you declare having received supplemental information pertaining to:
- The length of time your personal data are retained,
- The rights to which you are entitled and the procedures for exercising them.
If we choose to process data for purposes other than those listed here, you will receive all of the information relating to these new purposes.
7.3 Your right to access and rectify your data
By exercising this right, it is confirmed to you that your personal data are or are not processed and, if they are, you have access to your data and information pertaining to:
- The purposes for processing your data,
- The categories of personal data in question,
- The recipients or categories of recipients, in particular recipients operating in another country,
- When possible, the planned time period for retaining personal data or, if not possible, the criteria used for determining this period,
- The existence of a right to request that the Controller rectify or delete your personal data, a right to request a restriction on the processing of your personal data, a right to oppose this processing,
- The right to file a claim with an oversight authority,
- Information about the source of data if they are not directly collected from the people in question,
- The existence of an automated decision-making process, including profiling and, in some cases, useful information about the underlying rationale, as well as the anticipated significance and consequences of this processing for the people in question.
Depending on the circumstances, you can request for your personal data to be rectified or supplemented if they are inaccurate, incomplete, unclear or outdated.
7.4 Your right to delete your data
You can ask us to delete your personal data if one of the following reasons applies:
- The personal data are no longer required with regard to the purposes for which they were collected or were processed in a different manner,
- You withdraw the consent you previously provided,
- You oppose the processing of your personal data if there are no legal grounds for said processing,
- The personal data are not processed in compliance with the law and applicable regulations,
- Your personal data were collected when you were a minor.
Nevertheless, this right cannot be exercised if your personal data must be retained for legal or regulatory reasons, notably in cases to establish, exercise or defend rights in a court of law.
7.5 Your right to restrict the processing of data
You may request a restriction on the processing of your personal data as stipulated by the laws and regulations.
7.6 Your right to oppose data processing (opt out)
You have the right to oppose the processing of your personal data if the reason for processing is the Controller’s legitimate interest.
If you receive direct communications, this right may be exercised by any means, which specifically includes clicking on the opt out links on the bottom of the message received.
7.7 Your right to transfer your data
You have the right to transfer your personal data.
You may exercise this right for the following data:
Solely for your own personal data, which does not include anonymized personal data or data that does not pertain to you,
Declarative personal data and operating personal data,
Personal data that does not infringe upon the right and freedoms of others, such as data that are protected by professional secrecy.
This right is limited to consent-based or contract-related processing and to personal data that you personally generated.
This right does not include either derivative or inferred data, which are personal data created by the Controller.
7.8 Your right to withdraw consent
When the data that we process is based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time. We cease processing your personal data at that time, but any prior transactions to which you had consented are not treated retroactively.
7.9 Your right to submit an appeal
You have the right to submit an appeal to the competent oversight authority, and this without prejudice to any other administrative or legal remedies.
7.10 Your right to set an advance directive
You have the option of setting advance directives to retain, delete and divulge your personal data after your death, and this to a trusted certified third party assigned to carry out the wishes of the deceased in compliance with the requirements of the applicable legal framework.